Please Note - This is not a vacancy. We welcome applications at any time to be kept on file for 6 months.
You Will Be Responsible For The Following:
- Serving visitors in the kiosk (pre-prepared hot and cold meals & drinks, light refreshments, snacks).
- Using a cash register and eftpos machine.
- The provision of impeccable customer service.
- Cleaning duties; including floors and picnic tables.
We are open to the public from 9.00am to 5.30pm, 364 days per year (closed Christmas Day).
Weekday and weekend shift times are:
- 8.30am to 5.30pm
- 10.00am to 3.00pm
- 12.00pm to 5.00pm
All staff are required to be available to work regular weekends (every weekend, or every second weekend). Generally, weekend shifts are alternated, so staff work Saturday one week and Sunday the next.
To be successful as a Kiosk Assistant at Caversham Wildlife Park, you will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service
- Demonstrate confidence, assertiveness and self-composure
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to workplace Health and Safety
- Team player and a willingness to assist
- A “can do” attitude with a drive to achieve excellence
- Enjoy the “hustle and bustle” of a busy workplace
- Have a personality to suit our tourist-attraction culture
Experience working in a tourist attraction or similar is highly regarded. Retail experience is desirable.
Other Pre-requisites and Conditions
- Flexible availability
- Be in good health as the position requires you to be on your feet for the shift
- Our personal appearance policy, including piercing and tattoo restrictions is to be adhered to
- A uniform t-shirt, jumper/jacket, apron, hat and name badge are provided. You are required to provide full-length pants (denim or dark blue) and black, flat, closed-in shoes.
- Have a reliable vehicle (or lift) to get to and from work, without the use of public transport.
- Be prepared to provide an up-to-date Police Clearance
- Be prepared to provide a minimum of 2 recent professional verbal references
- 6 month probationary period
- Positions are permanent part-time