Please Note - This is not a vacancy. We welcome applications at any time to be kept on file for 6 months.
You Will Be Responsible For The Following:
- Serving visitors at the main entrance and souvenir shop.
- Using a cash register and eftpos machine.
- The provision of impeccable customer service.
- Cleaning duties; including floors, windows, shelves/displays, public toilets, picnic tables etc.
We are open to the public from 9.00am to 5.30pm, 364 days per year (excluding Christmas Day).
Shift times are:
Weekdays – 8.30am to 1.30pm
Weekdays – 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Weekdays – 1.30pm to 5.30pm
Weekdays – 9.00am to 5.30pm
Weekends – 8.30am to 5.30pm, 9.00am to 5.30pm, 9.30am to 5.30pm
All staff are required to be available to work regular weekends (generally every 2nd weekend) and must be available both Saturdays and Sundays.
To be successful as a shop assistant at Caversham Wildlife Park, you will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of superior customer service.
- Have a personality to suit our tourist-attraction culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and a willingness to assist.
- A “can do” attitude with a drive to achieve excellence.
- Enjoy the “hustle and bustle” of a busy workplace.
- Commitment to workplace health and safety.
- Understand the importance of workplace confidentiality
- Culturally sensitive.
Experience working in a tourist attraction or similar is highly regarded.
Other Prerequisites and Conditions
- Be in good health as the position requires you to be on your feet for most of the day.
- Our personal appearance is extremely important in demonstrating our professionalism. A uniform t-shirt, jumper/jacket and name badge are provided. You are required to provide full-length pants (denim or dark blue) and black, flat, closed-in shoes. Shoulder-length (or longer) hair is to be tied back.
- Excessive make-up and jewellery are not permitted. Excessive facial piercings and visible tattoos may not be permitted.
- Have a reliable vehicle (or lift) to get to and from work, without the use of public transport.
- Be prepared to provide an up-to-date Police Clearance.
- Be prepared to provide a minimum of 2 recent professional verbal references.
- Flexible availability.
- 6 month probationary period.
- Positions are permanent long-term.