Please Note - This is not a vacancy. We welcome applications at any time to be kept on file for 6 months.
You Will Be Responsible For The Following:
- Serving visitors at the main entrance and souvenir shop
- Using a cash register and eftpos machine
- The provision of impeccable customer service
- Assisting to maintain the souvenir shop; tidying displays, stocking shelves etc
- Cleaning duties; including floors, windows, public toilets, picnic tables etc
We are open to the public from 9.00am to 5.30pm, 364 days per year (closed Christmas Day).
Shift times are:
Weekdays – 8.30am to 1.30pm
Weekdays – 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Weekdays – 1.30pm to 5.30pm
Weekdays – 9.00am to 5.30pm
Weekends – 8.30am to 5.30pm, 9.00am to 5.30pm, 9.30am to 4.30pm, 12.00pm-5.00pm
All staff are required to be available to work regular weekends (generally every 2nd weekend) and must be available both Saturdays and Sundays.
To be successful as a shop assistant at Caversham Wildlife Park, you will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Have a personality to suit our tourist-attraction culture
- Demonstrate confidence, is self-assured and can be assertive, firm and resolute, while remaining composed
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Team player and a willingness to assist
- A “can do” attitude with a drive to achieve excellence
- Enjoy the “hustle and bustle” of a busy workplace
Experience working in a tourist attraction or similar is highly regarded. Retail experience is desirable.
Other Pre-requisites and Conditions
- Flexible availability
- Be in good health as the position requires you to be on your feet for the shift
- Our personal appearance policy, including piercing and tattoo restrictions, is to be adhered to
- A uniform t-shirt, jumper/jacket and name badge are provided. You are required to provide full-length pants (denim or dark blue) and black, flat, closed-in shoes.
- Have a reliable vehicle (or lift) to get to and from work, without the use of public transport
- Be prepared to provide an up-to-date Police Clearance
- Be prepared to provide a minimum of 2 recent professional verbal references
- 6 month probationary period
- Positions are permanent part-time