Please Note - This is not a vacancy. We welcome applications at any time, to be kept on file for consideration, for 6 months
You Will Be Responsible For The Following:
- Serving visitors in the kiosk (pre-prepared hot and cold light refreshments, snacks, drinks, etc).
- Using a cash register and eftpos machine.
- The provision of impeccable customer service.
- Cleaning duties; including floors and picnic tables.
Positions are Part-Time only
Weekday and weekend shift times are:
- 8.30am to 5.30pm
- 10.00am to 3.00pm
- 12.00pm to 5.00pm
All staff are required to provide weekend availability at least on a fortnightly basis, and must be available both weekend days to allow for fair rotation
We are open to the public from 9.00am to 5.30pm, 364 days per year (closed Christmas Day)
To be successful as a Kiosk Assistant at Caversham Wildlife Park, you will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Have a personality to suit our tourist-attraction culture
- Demonstrate confidence, is self-assured and can be assertive, firm and resolute, while remaining composed
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Team player and a willingness to assist
- A “can do” attitude with a drive to achieve excellence
- Enjoy the “hustle and bustle” of a busy workplace
Experience working in a tourist attraction or similar is highly regarded. Retail experience is desirable.
Other Pre-requisites and Conditions
- Flexible availability
- Be in good health as the position requires you to be on your feet for the shift
- Our personal appearance policy, including piercing and tattoo restrictions is to be adhered to
- Have a reliable vehicle (or lift) to get to and from work, without the use of public transport.
- Be prepared to provide an up-to-date Police Clearance
- Be prepared to provide a minimum of 2 recent professional verbal references
- 6 month probationary period
- Positions are permanent part-time