We are slowly re-building our crew after the devastating effects of the COVID pandemic that resulted in the loss of 75% of our visitation for 2.5years.
This is a great opportunity to work in the exciting customer-focused & fast-paced environment of Guest Services!
- Popular Perth Tourist Attraction
- Customer-focused culture
- Challenging & rewarding hands-on role
We are regularly hiring throughout 2023. Applications will be kept on-file and reviewed as positions arise.
- Provide welcoming, approachable, prompt and efficient customer service
- Remain aware of work environment by continual monitoring and anticipation of customer requirements
- Willingness to make the customer your first priority
- Welcome visitors at park entry, using POS system
- Provide map & timetable and assist with directions/information
- Assist in the sale of souvenirs, gifts and merchandise
- Assist with stock replenishment
- Assist in the sale of hot and cold light refreshments
- Basic food prep (sandwiches, fruit salad, milkshakes, etc – no cooking)
- Assist with stock replenishment
- Assist to ensure excellent presentation, health and safety by ensuring floors, windows, tables & chairs, highchairs, shelves/displays, display cabinets/ fridges, appliances, storage areas, etc are clean, tidy and well maintained
- Spot-clean public toilets (outside of professional-cleaner hours)
SHIFTS (as at May 2023)
We are open 364 days of the year. We roster a variety of full-day and half-day shifts across weekdays and weekends (there are no school-hours, after-school, or full-time positions available).
Weekend availability is a requirement for all staff. You must be available to work both Saturdays and Sundays; however you would only be rostered to work one weekend day (alternating each week where possible).
We are currently seeking staff for 3-4 shifts per week (one must be a weekend). Hours may increase (for those who want more) as we slowly emerge out of the pandemic.
WE WILL BE SEEKING THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrate an understanding of superior customer service
- Have a personality to suit our tourist-attraction culture
- Cultural sensitivity
- Confidence, assertiveness and composure
- Discretion and tact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Team player and a willingness to assist
- A "can do" attitude with a drive to achieve excellence
- Enjoy the "hustle and bustle" of a busy workplace
- Understand the importance of workplace confidentiality
- Efficient use of POS/cash registers and eftpos facilities is highly regarded
- Experience working in a tourist attraction or similar is highly regarded
- Flexible availability
- Be in good health as the position requires you to be on your feet for the shift
- Have a reliable vehicle to get to and from work, without the use of public transport
- Be prepared to provide an up-to-date Police Clearance
- Be prepared to provide a minimum of 2 recent professional verbal references
- This is a permanent part-time position and is therefore not suited to applicants on a working visa
- You would complete an Induction prior to commencement
- You would commence on a 6 month probationary trial period
- A uniform t-shirt, jumper/jacket and name badge are supplied. You would be required to supply full-length pants (dark denim or dark blue) and black, flat, closed-in shoes.